Tuesday 15 September 2015

A good name

Some say your name has an immense effect on your personality as an individual. My name, well is quite simple- Muhammad or Mohammed which ever you wish to spell it. However, such a simple name has an incredible religious and cultural appreciation. As many may know, the name Muhammad was given to the last Islamic prophet, he was an example to all muslims from far and wide. It has been said, an individual benefits from certain qualities within his name. Roughly, when translated, Muhammad means the praiseworthy. Some of the attributes associated with the name include; honesty, patience and respect, though not all of these attributes relate to my personality (unfortunately). The name Muhammad was first used around the year 570 and currently is the most common name in the world. Personally, living with a name of such high religious and cultural prestige is a great honour and privilege. It is my goal in life to embrace my name and live up to the high standards associated with it. In my opinion, my name has shaped my personality in some ways, however my surroundings has also had a similar effect. I am proud to be called Muhammad, and Muhammad is my good name.

3 comments:

  1. Motala. I enjoyed reading your post and the reflection you had to provide. The information within this text is quite interesting and your usage of sarcasm to provided a hint of your personality made the text ever more so enjoyable. You seem to know a lot about you name and take it to yourself quite personally.

    What I found interesting however was the fact that you prefer to call yourself Motala instead of Muhammed or Mohammed (what ever spelling best suits the you). Is it because although the name is quite special since a large number of people use it you prefer using your last name to single yourself out from others? And if that's not the case, then why do you call yourself Motala?

    Great post. Maybe making the font slightly larger would be more pleasant for the eye. Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite an introduction there! Muhammed is a great name. Very interesting to read the post and learning about how your name dates back to the year 570. I liked how you mentioned what peronalities the name reflects. Interesting blog post good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this blog post. I really like the vocabulary that you used because it was meaningful and it blended well with the concept of your post. I love the way you take such pride discussing your name. Even though your post was short, i loved the way you were able to include everything about your name and how you look up to it; nothing more was needed.
    It's interesting to see how much you embrace your name, but i don't understand why you prefer your surrounding to call you Motala if you admire Mohammad just as much?
    Very interesting background and history about your name, hoping to read more from you.

    ReplyDelete